- Contestant must be resident of Luce and West Mackinac Counties. Contestants must also be attending school with in Luce and West Mackinac Counties.
- Applications must be submitted by July 17, 2016. Accompanied by a $5.00 entry fee. All checks can be made out and mailed to: LWMCF, P.O Box 581, Newberry, Michigan 49868.
- Contestants must be present for an orientation meeting, 1 rehearsal, and a contestant’s group picture with the Newberry News.
- Contestants must enter 5 items in competition in the Exhibits Building. Applicants may enter their exhibits on Wednesday August 3rd or Thursday August 4th beginning 12:00 noon until 5:00pm.
- Contestants from Jr. Miss to Fair Queen may enter the talent show with no more than a 3 minute performance each. (This is not in lieu of the 5 items entered in the exhibit Building.)
- Jr. Miss and Fair Queen contestants – private interviews w/Judges at 5:00pm Wednesday August 3rd.
- Pageant rehearsal -6:00 pm in Activity Building at Fair Grounds Wednesday August 3rd
- Be at pageant/Fair grounds Thursday August 4th at 6:00pm dressed and ready for pageant. Pageant starts at 6:30pm sharp.
- Male contestants 3 – 10 years are asked to wear a shirt, tie and dress slacks.
- Female contestants 3-10 years are asked to model a fancy dress. Styles can include Easter, First Communion, Flower Girl, or a special holiday dress. Tea and floor length gowns are okay.
- Jr. Miss and Fair Queen contestants will be expected to wear a formal or prom styled gown. Floor length is preferred.
- Pageant night will consist of individual introductions of each contestant. Each contestant will be asked a question by the announcer. The contestants will then be judged in three categories Modeling, Poise, and Personality. The judge’s panel shall consist of three community representatives.
- The chosen Winner from each age group will receive a crown, sash, and gift bag. The winner of each age group will also win a money award. This will not be awarded until the winner has completed their title year by participating with:
- Being present at the Fair grounds to present awards during the 2017 Fair.
- Being present to help out where ever needed at the 2017 Newberry Bogie Buster Vintage Snowmobile Race. Time and date will be announced.
- Being present to help out at the 2017 Dog Sled Race. Time and date to be announced.
- Being present to help out at the 2017 Card Board Classic. Time and date to be announced.
- Being present at the 2017 Road Rally. Time and date to be announced.
- Riding in the 2017 4th of July parades in Newberry and Curtis. (Must wear a formal gown.)
- Making personal Appearances at the various Community Events throughout the year. This will include making announcements on local Radio Stations.
- Returning to the 2017 Pageant night to crown the next winner.
If a 2016 Pageant winner fails to meet the above requirements, that person will forfeit their designated gift certificate and crown. The crown will then be passed down to the runner up in the age group along with the gift certificate. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, a contestant may be excused from an activity with prior approval from the Fair Board. All other contestants will receive a crown, sash, and gift bags.
Section 71 – Pageant Classes
Prince (Ages 3-6) 1st Place — $50.00 Certificate
Princess (Ages 3-6) 1st Place — $50.00 Certificate
Little Prince (Ages 7-10) 1st Place — $50.00 Certificate
Little Miss (Ages 7-10) 1st Place — $50.00 Certificate
Jr. Miss (Ages 11-13) 1st Place — $100.00 Certificate
Fair Queen (Ages 14-18) 1st Place — $100.00 Certificate